A growing global population, decreasing livestock and lack of sustainable food sources calls for new solutions to feed the next billion within the next decade. Technologies are rapidly being developed to address food scarcity issues as well as our evolving relationship with the food we consume daily.
The report by Metalworks, the global R&D division and creative technology unit of Maxus, a media agency, look at 5 trends that are shaping the food industry, including, restaurants, fast food and packaged food products.
You are free to share this report that presents the latest developments in technology affecting the food industry and our relationship with food; it quotes examples within the industry where businesses are already leaning into change with technology.
- New engineered food including meat grown in labs, nutrition infused products and plant-based meat alternatives that taste as good as real meat.
- How technology is transforming food waste, poverty and allergens in food.
- Technology used by Food & Beverage (F&B) businesses to improve service experience and improve productivity.
- How the Internet of Things (IOT) trend is transforming our relationship with food.
- How a culture that demands everything instantly have us move beyond fast food to 3D-printed food and instant alcoholic cocktails.
The food industry is rapidly changing, are you prepared to take advantage of what technology has to offer tomorrow?
P.S. You may also share this report via our SlideShare link
If you'll like a downloadable copy of the report. You may access it for free here.